Saturday, June 9, 2018

First week of retirement.


Week one of retirement completed!

So how was it?  What did I accomplish? 

It feels like it is just leave, I have to keep telling myself that I don’t have to go back.  I can stay up as late as I want…but I’m going to bed earlier.  I don’t have to get up early and so far I’m not.  I spent the week at appointment for myself and at the Vet.  Had dinner with friends a couple of times.  Went to a movie in the middle of the afternoon.

It's Saturday and I just put a load of laundry in the dryer.  Old habits die hard I guess.  I could do laundry any day but it has always been a weekend task.  When the boys were little there might be a middle to the week run but always several on Saturday and Sunday. 
See screen not good for photos!

I had plans to get the blog going but haven’t gotten around to it.  Every time I sit down at the desk I get distracted by the hummingbirds coming to the plants outside.  This is the first time they have perched on the shepherds hooks but before I get the camera up they are gone.  Plus there is a screen on half of the window…bad for photos, and the side without the screen is full of cat nose prints…also bad for photos (I guess I should clean the window).  I will get photos!  May have to be with a security camera but I will get them.

Speaking of security cameras, I need to get my Arlo’s set up before I hit the road next week.  Monday I took Simon to the shop and Bill told me that he had been broken into, AGAIN.  He has a $2000 security camera system but the video is so grainy they can’t make anything out.  I told him about the Arlo system and when I left he was ordering one.  He will be able to install them in the storage rooms, move them around and get alerts when they are activated.  Not that I think the police will get there to catch anyone. 

So much to do before I head out.  The Vet thinks Popeye has had a stroke or spinal injury that has him walking wonky.  She thinks Olyve has the start of kidney failure and needs to go on a low protein diet, she gets to eat carbs and I don’t.  Took Tinkerbell in yesterday and she started having a seizure just as the Dr walked in.  They took her back for some tests and after they brought her back and we were talking she did it again.  Rushed her back to the treatment room and gave her diazepam, wanted me to take her to the ER.  As we left she was doing fine so I decided to bring her home and she is still doing fine.  I think it was just stress.  She has been missing Homey and we had just picked up his cremains.

With his cousin.  Hard to tell
where one ends and the
other begins.
Un-named puppy!  I'll know
who he is when I see him.
I was excited on my last day of work that I was getting a mini aussie puppy but that fell through.  I asked son and DIL in Montana to see if the parents of their dog had any puppies.  She sent me a Craigslist link for Scotch Collies and guess what?  I have a little boy waiting for me at their house when I get there next weekend.  I hear he is almost house broken after being with them just  two days.

A Scotch Collie is a “lassie” dog.  Don’t know how his coat will be but I’m stoked!  When I was little I always wanted Lassie.  Haven’t named him yet but it won’t be Lassie (you know that dog was always a male, right?).

I should be dozing or reading.  It is raining and thundering.  But I really should be prepping. 



See you down the road.

No comments:

Post a Comment