Friday, June 29, 2018

 Time to play “ketsup” with my activities.

June 11th...My maiden voyage in Roxie got off to a rocky start.  I went to the RV dealer on Monday for another walkthrough to make sure I remembered how to use everything and could hitch up right.  He told me I did a good job but had the cord wrapped wrong and he moved it.  They charged me for this!  But I did find some screws that were broken and caulking that was missing and he fixed those.

Silly me…I took Roxie back to the storage lot because I was worried about her being on the street overnight.  And while trying to back into my space sliced the cord almost in half.  The lot owner came to my rescue and mended the cord so I could take her back to the shop the next day to have it replaced.  They had to order one and it wouldn’t be in until around noon…so much for getting on the road early Tuesday morning.

Late Tuesday morning I pulled her back out of the lot down to the dealer and in about 45 minutes the new cord was installed and everything worked.  This time she spent the night on the street. 

All Loaded up and ready to go.
June 13...Wednesday I finished loading up.  I had already put a lot of stuff in her and just had to make about a dozen trips back and forth.  I knew I probably wouldn’t use the generator on this trip, but I wanted to get it in place anyway.  I can’t lift the 92-pound chunk by myself so I purchased a pet ramp (would have had dual duty for Homey to get in and out of the trailer) and pulled it up into place.  A tarp, couple of ratchet straps, a huge heavy duty bicycle cable lock on it and I’m ready to go.

It was about 10:30 by the time I pulled out.  I had decided to go through Yakama instead of the Tri-Cities but I had forgotten how many and how steep the hills were.  I didn’t think Simon was going to make it, poor boy! 



We got into Rim Rock Meadows around 4:30…pretty good time and I had my first experience at backing into a campsite.  You have to be careful not to run over the water faucet and electrical box and the sewer connection.  Oh yes, don’t forget the picnic table on one side and trees on both sides.  Whew.  Finally in.  Get out to walk around and discover I had forgotten I had a tailgate with the generator on it and had backed into the hitching post that divided the spaces. 
                    ChaChing…$30 for one post.

I drove 295 miles and walked over 16500 steps...what a day!

The Storm before the Calm
This was my get situated stop.  I’d be in it for three days and could decide exactly where everything fit.  Had I put the pots and pans in the right location?  Were the craft supplies in a good place?  What about the food?  A variety of storage boxes, baskets, command hooks and strips were deployed to contain everything.  I love the red storage ottomans I bought from the shopping channel.  Great for storage and resting my feet while I write.  They fit perfectly with the slide in.




Oh did I mention that I have a small Pomeranian, Tinkerbell, and 2 cats with me?  The cats have a playpen (doggie dorm) where they ride in Simon with the litter box.  At the campground, they can get fresh air.  Inside Roxie, the litter box is in the shower when I’m not using it (the shower, not the litterbox).



But beautiful things to look at...

There is no TV reception, no phone reception (except at the clubhouse) and for two days I didn’t realize that the WiFi in the clubhouse reached the campground once you got logged on inside.  I had one DVD with me that I purchased several years ago and had never watched...a British dramedy.  It was OK to run in the background at night.

 

Blue sky and sunshine
Large pool for relaxing

Inside Clubhouse

First meal in RV (cheated it was
all frozen just had to heat up)

A couple of wind storms, a wonderful thunderstorm and long days of sunshine.  What a wonderful way to spend the start of this adventure.

Sunset over the rim.











No comments:

Post a Comment